Last Updated June 2021 by Crystallace
Hey guys and welcome to my second month blog income report.
Before you dive in, make sure you check out last month’s blog My First Month Blog Income Report so that you have a frame of reference for where I am on this blogging journey. This will help you manage your own blogging income expectations.
First things first, I want to address any changes or hiccup that my blog experienced last month. OMG Pinterest!
My Pinterest plateaued and it seemed like no matter what I did I could not get any views. I saw a lot of other bloggers in Facebook Groups complaining about this as well and there seemed to be no fix for it.
I reached out to Pinterest personally just to make sure that my account had not been flagged and they said that everything was good. I am going to stick it out with Pinterest and continue to use Tailwind to help me Pin.
Btw, if you are looking for an active Tailwind Tribe to join. I have created one. You can join here.
Since I first wrote this article Pinterest has changed its algorithm a ton. It has been a headache for the entire blogging community.
I was forced to invest in a Pinterest course to help me get some stable ground. I did not invest in this course until January 2021 but I am editing this post to include this nugget because I don’t want you to be stuck going no where on Pinterest. This course helped me a ton, you can check out my review on it here.
This Pinterest incident shows just how important support groups are for your blog. I was going through an issue and I saw that other people were too, that kind of calmed me down and gave me the chance to see what was going on. Blogging is a team sport.
That’s I started a Facebook Group for bloggers. It’s already a bunch of amazing Facebook Groups for bloggers out there but I wanted the readers of my blog to have a sense of community and I wanted to be accessible to them. I really am the lawyer next door.
In my group, we support each other’s blogs and I share tips on blogging, business, legal, and entrepreneurship. Feel free to join here.
Next, here were my goals for last month and here is how I did:
- Achieve 1500 monthly page views, I had 842 page views.
- Get 50K Pinterest monthly views, I had 30K Pinterest Monthly views.
- Have 1500 Pinterest followers, I currently have 972 Pinterest followers. You can follow me on Pinterest here.
- Have 40 published blog posts, I have 38 published blog posts.
- Add at least one related content post to every blog post. Nailed it!
- Grow my email list to 25 subscribers.I grew my list to 20 subscribers.
- Get my Facebook Group up to 30 members. We currently have 54 members and are growing! You can join the best Facebook group for bloggers here.
So it’s safe to say that I did not meet all of my goals.
For my second month blog income report…
I made $199.99 selling products from my website. This was all from my Website Legal Bundle™ . It has the three legal pages that every blog and website needs to help be legally protected.
Here are my goals for August:
- Achieve 1500 monthly page views.
- Get 50K Pinterest monthly views.
- Have 1500 Pinterest followers.
- Have 44 published blog posts.
- Add at least one related content post to every blog post.
- Grow my email list to 25 subscribers.
- Get my Facebook Group up to 75 members.
So those are my goals for this month. Stay tuned to My Blog Income journey:
What changes are you thinking about making to your blog? Let me know in the comments.