Last Updated March 2022 by Crystallace
So I have a confession. I lured you here under false pretenses. Well sort of. We are still going to make a delicious Shamrock Shake but it’s not like the nasty Shamrock Shake you find at McDonalds.
I am telling you this one is so much better and it puts that one to shame. I don’t know whose idea it was to come up with a Mint Milkshake but Shamrock Shakes as you know them are not what’s up.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t be in the green spirit this St. Paddy’s Day season. This St. Patrick’s Day we are making Shamrock Shakes but a nuttier version.
First, let me admit. Pistachio is my second favorite ice cream flavor. I don’t know who made up the rule that nut based ice creams are for old men but Pistachio is an exception.
Not to mention Pistachios come Shamrock Shake prepared. They are naturally green and Pistachio Ice Cream is already green. You can always add food coloring if you want a more festive milkshake.
So level up your Shamrock Shake this St. Patricks Day. Be sure to Pin 📌 this recipe for later!
Shamrock Shake Recipe
- 3 scoops Talenti Pistachio gelato
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Almond Milk
- 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios for garnish
- Combine the Gelato, milk, and food coloring in a blender and until smooth.
- Pour into a tall, clear glass. Garnish with whipped cream, cherry, or chopped pistachios.