Last Updated June 2021 by Crystallace
The pandemic has brought the good and the bad in all of us. Online, it has brought a lot of opportunities to those seeking work-from-home jobs and businesses. If you’re the latter, you would be very pleased to know that starting an online business like a blog is easy, inexpensive, and doesn’t require a fancy degree.
But in order to get started, you need a set of tools to help you work efficiently. Here is a list of my best Amazon finds for the best gifts for entrepreneurs.
Electronic tools and gadgets as gifts for entrepreneurs
- A powerful laptop or computer – Since you’re going to spend most of your time online to start your business, it’s very important to have a strong and reliable laptop or computer. Starting a business using your tablet or phone is possible. But it’s better to have tools that will enable you to get the job done seamlessly.
- Noise-canceling headphones – If you are the type of person who loves to listen to music while working, this is perfect for you. It allows you to enjoy 30 hours of playtime when fully charged, and comes in 8 different colors; black, blue, green, purple, red, white, yellow, and navy.
- USB multiport adapter – This 7-in-1 USB multiport adapter is compatible with laptops, projectors, monitors, and card readers. It’s portable and can quickly manage your files, no app installation or drivers needed.
- Computer monitor light/ Screen bar – Sitting in front of the computer all day can cause a lot of stress to our eyes. Thankfully, I found this screen bar that dims and adjusts the light to provide comfort and focus to your eyes.
- External hard drive – Backing up your important files is very important these days. Therefore, you need to have a reliable external hard drive to do the job for you. This external hard drive from Toshiba is a game-changer. Available in 5 colors (black, blue, green, red, and white), this external hard drive is compatible with both PC and Mac. It has a 2-year warranty you can choose from 1TB, 2 TB, and 4GB of storage. Lastly, it’s password-protected to prevent unauthorized access to your files.
The Most Practical Gift for an Entrepreneur
Is the gift of legal solutions. In my experience, most entrepreneurs make the grave mistake of putting their legal pieces in place BEFORE their business explode. No matter how big or how small you must have your business legally taken care of. In my legal boutique, I have easy to use, legal business contract templates, that every entrepreneur can use.
Such as, these 3 legal pages on their site or a LLC Operating Agreement or Nondisclosure Agreement. If you are unsure as to what your entrepreneur might need, feel free to email me! firstname.lastname@example.org
Gifts for entrepreneurs to boost productivity
- A big whiteboard – Sometimes, it’s easy to brainstorm new ideas when you write them down. This is where a nice, big whiteboard is for. I found one that has a stand, with a pen tray and hook that can hold paper. But if having a whiteboard isn’t your thing, a corkboard would be nice, too. Customize your corkboard with your to-do lists, doodles, and cutouts to add personality to your workspace.
- Productivity planner – I’m sure a lot of you love productivity planners. For this, I found a productivity planner that is made up of high-quality paper, with lots of spaces to write on. This one, however, is more on the girly side, with spaces allotted for your vision board. This productivity planner is undated, and comes in different colors, too (black, lavender, orange, peach pink, pink, purple, rose gold, sky blue, and turquoise).
- Waterproof notepad – Was there a time when you had your a-ha moment and completely forgotten about it as soon as you stepped out of the shower? This waterproof notepad includes a pencil and suction cups so you can easily mount it in the shower. It’s recyclable, non-toxic, uses soy-based ink, and definitely safe for the environment.
- Ballpoint pen – For emergency meetings, client meetups, or a quick run to the grocery, it’s always nice to have a pen and paper handy. This is why I always bring a ballpoint pen with me. This ballpoint pen from Paper Mate is retractable, so you don’t have to worry about the ink destroying your bag. Also, it has a nice grip for comfortable writing.
- Lined sticky notes – I enjoy writing my to-do list in sticky notes. The lined sticky notes are the best ones I’ve tried so far. Post-it Notes stick securely and do not destroy surfaces.
Helpful reading materials as gifts for entrepreneurs
- The Startup Checklist: 25 Steps to a Scalable, High-Growth Business – While most entrepreneurship books focus on strategies, they don’t really speak about the step/process it takes to make it happen. This book will teach you the steps you need to take for your startup business to have a strong foundation.
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future – Progress comes from monopoly, not competition. In this book, Peter Theil describes a successful business as something that creates things that have never been done before.
- Mind Your Business: A Workbook to Grow Your Creative Passion Into a Full-time Gig – This book is a helpful guide on how to customize the roadmap of your startup business. It includes a few important key points like budgeting, scaling, legal guidelines, and avoiding pitfalls.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity – I love this book because it talks about how to have an effective work-life balance today.
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time – Another book on productivity that I like is this one from Brian Tracy. I love what he said about successful people avoid doing everything. Instead, they focus on the most important tasks and finish them effectively.
What gift are you thinking about getting the entrepreneur in your life? Let me know in the comments!